Product Manager (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Worthwhile does work that matters, and we do it with people that matter. We encourage and empower our team members to pave their own career path, grow their skills, learn from each other, and bring forward those outside-the-box ideas. We care about the whole person and aim to foster an environment of deep connection and understanding. If you’re a person who wants to contribute to work that matters, own your future and take responsibility for it, Worthwhile would be a good fit for you.
A Product Manager is responsible for setting a vision for the products and services that we produce, communicating that vision throughout the organization, and overseeing product development from ideation through to product creation and delivery.
They develop business plans, conduct market and competitive analyses, work to understand the client’s business process, requirements and needs, and are responsible for overseeing all activities relating to researching, and designing products on behalf of Worthwhile and its clients.
- Facilitate workshops within the product design process with a focus on defining desired business outcomes and the software solution’s value proposition.
- Support solutioning by leading research efforts (including survey creation, interviews, contextual inquiries).
- Partner with the engineering team to establish technical feasibility of proposed software solutions.
- Create and manage product roadmaps for multiple clients and products to ensure client alignment and consistent value positioning across the identified product stakeholders.
- Define KPIs for product performance and product success.
- Develop concepts and facilitate the execution of new programs, services, and product enhancements.
- Compare the proposed products to competitor’s products in order to assess competition in the market and establish the value proposition.
- Find ways to improve or grow a product through market analysis and other research.
- Partner with Program Managers and Engineering Leadership to ensure a manageable scope that can be delivered on time, on budget, with quality.
- 3+ years of software product management experience.
- Experience with Design Thinking as a solution design framework.
- Experience developing product strategies and breaking them down into clearly scoped roadmaps and requirements, experience across multiple industries is a plus.
- Ability to understand technical systems and how they operate, not necessarily in an engineering capacity, but enough to spot potential issues and make trade off decisions.
- Superior project management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create clarity from ambiguity and distill complex issues into easy to understand narratives.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative.
- A team player who collaborates well with others and is willing to do whatever it takes to serve your clients.
- Sincere empathy for the client and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience.
- Preferred (Foundational knowledge/experience working in environments using):
- Event-Driven Microservice Architecture
- Eventual Consistency
- Cloud-Native Patterns and Tooling
- RESTful API’s
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
Compensation and benefits
Remote work, Health insurance starts on your first day of employment, paid time off, parental leave, education assistance, adoption assistance, mental wellness programs, and other benefits.
The annual salary range for this position is $87,000 - $100,000. We base our salary ranges off of market data which include years of experience and geographical location but we’re always open to a conversation about compensation.
Worthwhile helps mid-market companies out-innovate their competition through software and data. We utilize a Design Thinking methodology to continuously design, build, and run digital transformation initiatives that deliver real business value in the manufacturing, financial services and healthcare sectors. Our culture is unique and defined by our 20 specific value behaviors. This relentless focus throughout our 25+ year history has enabled us to achieve an unprecedented Net Promoter Score of 84 (2x the industry average) and be named the #2 Best Place to Work in South Carolina for 2020.
At Worthwhile we are a destination for people seeking the most fulfilling work. Our team members are marked by our core values:
- Creativity: Micromanagement suffocates creativity, so we don’t do that here. We encourage outside-the-box thinking and dedicate weekly time to individual professional development because creative teammates build stronger teams.
- Curiosity: There are no dumb questions. In the software development space we’re always creating something new. With collaboration and bold, curious thinking we build enterprise-caliber solutions for our clients.
- Honor: Honorable people are trustworthy people. We foster a culture based on honesty, especially when we have fallen short of our goals. No person has all the answers, but every teammate at Worthwhile has the space to be honest without judgment or fear.
- Service: We cannot expect our teammates to serve our clients well if we don’t serve our teammates well first. By supporting our employees with flexible PTO, parental leave, 401(k) contributions, customized paths for internal growth, and more, we give them the tools they need to live a balanced, happy life.
The Worthwhile Company, LLC.
Get fresh Ability Matters jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.