Richard Joseph Construction Reno, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical,
Leading competitive window and siding contractor looking for full-time, salaried Construction Estimator to join our team!
Experienced or Entry level with education background.
Professional and able to estimate complex self-performed construction projects. Projects typically consist of specialty cladding, commercial windows, new construction and rehab restoration, waterproofing, structural strengthening, etc.
As a successful candidate, you will be also be responsible for:
- Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per person-hour, equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work on "On Line Take off Software".
- Defining and quantifying scope of work and preparing comprehensive conceptual, budgetary, and construction cost estimates for projects
- Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates
- Maintaining involvement in uncovering sales opportunities with prospective and existing customers
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting position based in our large Operations division:
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management may be given preference
- 5-12 years of construction estimating experience, ideally in a related industry involving concrete repair projects
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team to estimate projects of moderate complexity up to $10 Million
- Prior experience to estimate up to 5 projects directly and up to 5 estimates indirectly as a mentor
- Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specification requirements within the estimate
- Prior experience working with terms & conditions in construction contracts
- A strong understanding of the greater Northern California construction market, including current market prices and clients (i.e.: engineers, architects, property managers and owners)
- Previous experience maintaining client relationships while performing light business development
- Demonstrated construction math and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and / or construction estimating software. Must also be able to demonstrate ability to read blueprints
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Our ideal Estimating candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
Richard Joseph ConstructionWhy Work Here?
Work for a solid family owned company that makes you excited for Mondays and appreciates your talents!
This company is a fast paced family owned construction and consulting business with over 53 years of history. Very low employee turnover as longevity is key to the success of any company. Great culture, working conditions and great atmosphere to work at with opportunities to grow. Company specializes in the exterior of buildings with an emphasis of work west of the Rockies. We have a zero tolerance policy for illicit substances and all employees are screened prior to employment. If you feel like you need a change and are looking for a great home, send us your resume for an interview.
ConstructionView all jobs at Richard Joseph Construction