PrideStaff is currently seeking Production Workers for an food production facility in the Bolingbrook/Romeoville area.
Production Workers will be responsible for blending and mixing food dehydrated food ingredients (spices, seasonings, etc.) according to formulations.
The current hours are 6:00am-5:30pm MON-THURS*
*hours are temporary. Will resume a M-F 8-hour schedule after COVID-19
Starting hourly salary of $12.00
- Perform a variety of tasks in a food-manufacturing environment. Mostly dealing with the milling and packing/unpacking of herbs and spices.
- Responsible for recording production and test data for each production batch created.
- Cleaning and sterilizing the equipment in a safe and thorough manner.
- Select and pre-weigh each food ingredient accurately, before it goes into the machinery.
- Standing on your feet for an entire shift
- Inspection of the goods produced
- Ability to bring any food safety or quality issues to the Shift Manager’s attention
- Ability to work in an environment that can be hot & noisy at times.
- Able to work within a "dusty" environment (Spice odors may be strong at times)
- Comply with all GMP, HACCP and company safety policies and procedures.
Background & Skills Required:
- Previous experience in food production preferred
- Previous experience in warehouse environments REQUIRED
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMPs) preferred
- Operate with a sense of urgency-fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Requires bending, stooping, turning, walking and standing
- Teamwork skills, work well with others
- Capable of working weekends/late shifts and maintaining a flexible schedule
- Ability to lift and carry a 50-pound box
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Desire to learn & grown, advancement opportunities available
***PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A FACILITY THAT PRODUCES VARIOUS HERBS, SPICES, AND SEASONINGS. THERE IS A VERY STRONG SMELL IN THE WAREHOUSE.
You must be able to handle the smell!