Wellness Nurse (LPN or RN)
- Posted: 9 days ago
- $25 to $35 Hourly
Make a difference by providing great care and love for our treasured residents
At MorningStar Senior Living, we talk a lot about culture. In fact, we rather obsess about it. For without a transformative culture, we cannot begin to elevate and celebrate the lives of our resident-heroes, and be ourselves changed for the good in the process. So, we seek great hearts, other people like us, who care and want to do work that matters. We select people like us who believe that the most satisfying life is one that is outward-bound and rooted in servant-leadership.
The Wellness Nurse must exhibit genuine interest in residents and show patience and understanding while working with residents, families and visitors. This position assesses health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment. The Wellness Nurse oversees and promotes the residents’ health and wellness through regular visits with each resident, resident assessments, and ongoing communication with the resident care team.
- Health Insurance offerings such as medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Other Insurance offerings such as life, disability, accident, and critical illness insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- HSA options
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid sick, vacation and birthday!
- Career development programs and opportunity for advancement
- Charitable and philanthropic opportunities
- Meet with each resident on a regular basis to provide health and wellness checks and answer any health-related questions.
- Review the resident’s medical report prior to move-in to ensure that MorningStar can provide for the resident’s individual needs and that regulatory requirements have been fulfilled.
- Order medications and oversees the resident’s medication schedule for residents receiving medication administration services.
- Ensure that all medications prescribed are available by auditing the medication records and cart twice weekly.
- Verify the shift change MAR audit and Narcotic count twice weekly.
- Ensure proper documentation for medication assistance administration.
- Monitor the medication administration record for holes and completion of all required documentation weekly and report any discrepancy to the Wellness Director.
- Perform duties in accordance with established methods and techniques and in conformance with recognized standards.
- Assist the Wellness Director by monitoring med passes by the MCM.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the resident, resident’s family and physician regarding the resident’s medical needs.
- Coordinate additional health services the resident may need.
- On call duties for staffing & scheduling and work as MCM when other MCMs are not available. Provide coverage of the position in cases of emergency to ensure medication assistance is provided.
- Review changes in resident conditions with the Wellness Director, Executive Director and resident’s physician.
- Ensure all infection control guidelines are met.
- Maintain residents’ health care files. Document per MorningStar standards.
- Facilitate OSHA training and assist employees with OSHA compliance.
- Oversee and assist with training regarding resident’s health and wellness.
- Assist residents and Wellness Director by performing duties in caring for residents in the community, working under the supervision of the Wellness Director.
- Assist in transporting, bathing, and dressing residents when necessary. Comb hair, clean teeth, care for nails, provide assistance to bathroom, and assist with feeding residents when needed.
- Under the direction of the Wellness Director, assist with resident assessments and negotiated service plans.
- Provide safety, comfort, and well-being to our residents.
- Direct supervision of caregiving and coordination of health care needs within the community.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstration of our Core Values: Love, Kindness, Honesty, Goodness, Fairness, Respect.
- License/Certification: Current Nursing License issued by appropriate state licensing agency and must have a First Aid certificate as required.
- Education/Experience: Prefer a minimum of 2 years experience working with the elderly in an assisted living, skilled nursing or hospital environment. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software.
- Continuing Education: As required by law and attend in-service educations within the community.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in providing resident care services. Understanding of standard techniques and procedures used in providing personal services for resident and in caring for equipment and supplies. Good understanding of basis of universal precautions to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Other: Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procurement manuals, etc. must have good communication skills and must be able to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral direction. Provide maximum resident-care services within limits defined by delegated tasks. Must show good judgement in recognizing symptoms indicative of resident’s change in condition.
*Team members who are scheduled to work 24 or more hours per week are eligible for benefits, families of said team members will also be eligible.
MorningStar Senior Management
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?