For immediate consideration, please send resume to: SurgeRecruitment@Hschealth.org
The Pediatric Care Aide performs direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse and performs other unit duties as assigned. All efforts are directed towards continuous quality improvement and family centered care. In addition this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to gather data reflective of the patients status relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the departmental policy and procedure manual.
SHIFT: Combination of Days/Evenings/Nights
Essential job duties:
1.Performs direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse and performs other unit duties as assigned. All efforts are directed towards continuous quality improvement and family centered care.
2. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. Must demonstrate knowledge of principle of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to gather data reflective of the patients stats relative to his or her age specific needs and to provide the care needed.
3. Performance Improvement and Safety 1. Ensure familiarization with the hospital and departmental safety plan and execute all job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner; Become familiar with the hospitals performance improvement concepts and practices and participate in performance improvement activities as needed.
4. Adheres to the Generic Performance Standards.
5.Utilizes electronic medical record patient care work list in assisting with daily nursing care for each patient.
6. Assists and /or performs activities of daily living (ADLs) for a group of patients to promote each patients independence and development.
7. Involves patient in goals directed play to aid in motor, language, and psychosocial development.
8. Observes and reports changes in patients condition.
9. Documents all data collected and all interventions provided accurately and in a timely manner in electronic medical record.
10.Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment and supplies.
11. Anticipates safety problems and intervenes appropriately.
12. Performs other selected nursing procedures (as outlines on the competencies), under the direct supervision of the registered nurse according to nursing service department policy, procedures and standards.
13. Adheres to universal precautions and infection control policies.
14. Must utilize basic computer skills.
Other job duties:
1. Accompanies patient to clinics and therapies.
2. Maintains the nursing unit as a safe, sanitary and organized environment, and conducts environmental rounds.
3. Reports inadequacies to the charge nurse.
4. Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities and
5. Represent unit (as assigned) and participates in interdisciplinary patient related activities.
One (1) year experience preferred; and Previous experience working with special need children and young adults preferred.
One (1) year of experience preferred; and Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation Program (Certification Preferred)
The HSC Health Care System (HSC) is a nonprofit health care organization committed to serving families and adults with special health care needs and eliminating barriers to health care services. The System combines the resources of a health plan (Health Services for Children with Special Needs, Inc.), pediatric specialty hospital (The HSC Pediatric Center), home health agencies (HSC Home Care, LLC and HSC Health and Rehabilitative Services), and parent foundation (The HSC Foundation) to offer a comprehensive approach to caring, serving and empowering people with disabilities.
HSC employs over 700 staff members, with operating revenue of approximately $225 million annually. Strategic plans include further expansion of services into broader territories, including Virginia. As a first-of-its-kind health system in Washington, DC with more than a century of experience, The HSC Health Care System remains committed to changing the lives of the people we serve through expert medical care, care coordination and advocacy. Today, we are known for our expertise in treating children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex medical conditions.
HSC Health Care System