Nutrition Care Assistant Day Position-32 hours per week!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy helping people, learning, and working with a team? Would you like to make a difference every day? Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital is dedicated to providing this while offering a highly competitive benefits package for full and part-time employees, which helps our teammates meet their personal and professional needs.
Attributes of success at Grace Cottage Hospital include:
- A strong work ethic through reliability and dependability
- Time management skills, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Meets all the requirements of their position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on their services.
Mission Statement: To serve the health care needs of our community;
to promote wellness, relieve suffering, and restore health.
Promise: We Go Beyond Patient Care
Core Values (Employee-Chosen): Honesty, Commitment, Reliability, Quality Overall, Respect,
Loyalty, Teamwork, Empathy, Compassion, Knowledge, Appropriate Communication,
Making Customer/ Patient Comfortable & at Ease
Our outstanding salary and benefits to eligible employees include:
- Employer-funded Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability/Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Earned Time Off
- Retirement Savings via 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Generous Tuition Assistance/Student Loan Reimbursement Program
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
Why Grace Cottage?
Grace cottage was founded in 1949 where we started from the ground up, since then we have been voted “Best Hospital,” “Best ER,” “Best Place To Work,” “Best Pediatrician,” and “Best Physical Therapy” in the Brattleboro Reformers Readers’ Choice Award since 2019. Who wouldn’t want to work for a highly voted hospital in rural VT? Grace Cottage surrounds beautiful mountains to ski/snowboard/snowshoe, stunning hiking adventures, and a short 20-minute commute to the hip town of Brattleboro, VT night life.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of the Nutrition Care Assistant is to support the dietitian in providing proper nutrition to patients. They will assist with determining patient nutritional needs, assess risk factors and plan meals and therapeutic menus under the direction of the Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist (RDN). They will perform a variety of duties related to receiving and processing special diet orders, to include modifying patient menus to multiple diet restrictions and preferences. Responsible for identifying appropriate menu choices for all age groups, fluid restrictions, diet restrictions, food and beverage consistencies.
- Assist in the organization and/or preparation of food production according to therapeutic diets and standards of care.
- Responsible for ensuring safety and sanitation of the kitchen, maintaining quality control functions and compliance with regulatory agencies and therapeutic diets.
- Expected to work collaboratively with Nutrition Services manager, dieticians, support staff and other departments personal
- Required and communicate in a professional manner to advocate for the nutritional needs of the patient.
- Maintaining proper sterilization protocols in the clearing away and cleaning of plates and utensils
- Occasional Weekends required
- Highschool Diploma or GED with an Associate’s Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics preferred and/or willing to complete diet technician training course.
- Minimum of working 1 year in food service/nutrition field
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent food training safety or willingness to get certified
- Basic computer skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to calculate fluid restrictions, carbohydrate counting and diet modifications
Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital
Get fresh Make Difference jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.