- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We believe that delivering great service to our clients and their tenants is about trust and providing service with an understanding human touch. Our clients are never treated like a number, allowing property owners and their tenants to feel safe, secure, and taken care of by experienced professionals.
We utilize modern platforms and technology to help make your job more efficient. In addition, our office is built upon a collaborative approach to property management so all team members feel supported and are able to find a better work/life balance while providing the best possible service for our clients and tenants.
Vancouver and Greater Vancouver
Renumeration Package: $25 per hour
Your Role as a Bodewell Property Accountant
Reporting directly to the Managing Broker, the Property Accountant will be responsible for accurate and timely reporting of property management accounting, and plays an integral role in our commitment to communicative, timely, and detail-oriented service. You will work closely with the team in our downtown Vancouver office to efficiently and effectively manage a portfolio of rental properties located in Greater Vancouver. This role includes the opportunity to work from home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full cycle accounting for a portfolio of individually-owned residential rental properties
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for approval by Managing Broker
• Data entry and client information updates in Buildium and Quickbooks
• Review and post approved rent rolls
• Review and post property owner disbursements
• Process staff expense reimbursements
• Document and maintain/update procedures and processes
• Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met, including any taxation requirements
• Ensure all compliance requirements are met throughout the year
• Respond to accounting and data entry inquiries from clients, tenants, and vendors
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Requirements and Key Competencies:
• Experience in a real estate brokerage environment is an asset
• A familiarity with trust accounting
• High level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail is a must
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Solid understanding of Microsoft office suite and General Mac computer use
• Strong time management and organizational skills. Able to meet tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
• Intrinsically motivated and can work both independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Real Estate Services Act and the Residential Tenancy Act is an asset
• Experience with full-cycle accounting for residential rental properties
• Experience with Quickbooks and Buildium is an asset
• Extended health care
• Flexible schedule
• Bonus Program
• Opportunity to work from home
• Part time (20 hours per week)
We utilize modern platforms and technology to ensure efficiency in our property management services as well as delivering to our clients’ their individual property management information, 24/7, 365 days a year.
904-938 Howe StreetVancouver, BC
Get fresh Property Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.