This free Warehouse Packer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Warehouse Packer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Warehouse Packer Job Summary
We are looking for a hard-working Warehouse Packer with shipping experience. In this job, you will pick and pack items from our warehouse to fill orders. This involves building the boxes or pallets for shipment and placing packaged orders in the correct area for distribution. While you are picking items, it is essential to visually check them for damage before packing them for shipment. Applicants must have basic reading skills and be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
Warehouse Packer Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick and pack items for each order
- Build boxes or pallets for shipment
- Place packaged items in the correct area
- Scan items or manually update inventory system
- Follow workplace safety standards
Warehouse Packer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Warehouse or shipping experience a plus
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack or forklift
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs.