This free Video Game Tester job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Video Game Tester to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Video Game Tester Job Summary
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual to join our development company as a Video Game Tester. As part of our quality assurance team, you will methodically test all aspects of gameplay and hardware compatibility, as well as ensure accurate documentation. You will approach gameplay from various standpoints, from novice to power-gamer, to stress-test all menus, interactions, and edge case possibilities in order to locate and document bugs or crashes. You will also test for balance, usability, translation accuracy, or other metrics as designated by the design team. Our ideal candidate has experience in programming and game design and possesses excellent problem-solving and observational skills.
Video Game Tester Duties and Responsibilities
- Test all aspects of gameplay for potential bugs and crashes
- Approach gameplay from various gamer profiles and perspectives to help fine-tune balance and usability
- Note issues with game balance, translation errors, and documentation
- Note issues across various hardware platforms and devices
- Make design notes and recommendations to improve gameplay flow and enjoyment
Video Game Tester Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, game design, or a relevant field preferred
- Prior experience in a software QA environment
- Strong familiarity with video game design concepts and hardware
- Comprehensive knowledge of video game trends, genres, and industry
- Excellent problem-solving and observational skills