This free Transportation Security Officer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Transportation Security Officer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Transportation Security Officer Job Summary
We are currently seeking a Transportation Security Officer to join our team. In this role, you will work to identify and limit potential security threats. To do this, you will screen baggage and passengers at designated security checkpoints, using imaging technology to identify restricted items. This helps us control entry and exit points at the terminal, keeping all passengers and aircraft safe. Applicants for this position must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national at the time their application is submitted. You must also pass a background check (which includes a credit and criminal check), undergo a medical evaluation, and submit to random drug and alcohol screenings.
Transportation Security Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect airports, aircraft, and travelers from security threats
- Screen baggage and passengers at security checkpoints
- Operate X-ray machines and other imaging technology to identify dangerous or restricted items
- Conduct secondary bag searches and pat-down searches as needed
- Control entry and exit points at the terminal
Transportation Security Officer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to speak and read English
- Security experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed