This free Toolmaker job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Toolmaker to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Toolmaker Job Summary
We are looking for a Toolmaker to create precision tools to aid in our manufacturing process. In this position, you will be responsible for grinding, lathing, and milling material to create the pieces we need. You will also be responsible for designing these pieces in CAD software and interpreting the blueprints of other designers. Our ideal applicant has experience as a lathe operator or die maker as well as skills with milling machines and a variety of numerical control processes.
Toolmaker Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft tool designs using CAD software
- Read blueprints from other designers
- Program machines to create each tool
- Perform quality checks on your tools
- Perform maintenance on your machines
Toolmaker Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of an apprenticeship
- Tool and die making experience
- Strong mechanical skills
- Experience with CAD software
- Keen eye for detail