This free Technical Support Representative job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Technical Support Representative to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Technical Support Representative Job Summary
We are seeking a Technical Support Representative to help our customers fix issues with their computer systems. In this position, you will take calls from customers and help resolve their computer issues over the phone. However, for more complicated technical problems, you may have to direct callers to a specialist who can fix the issue in person. While we prefer that you have an associate degree in a computer field, having several years of technical experience is more significant. Applicants should also have customer service experience and excellent communication skills.
Technical Support Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Take calls from customers experiencing technical issues
- Troubleshoot the issue over the phone
- Forward more complicated issues to the appropriate specialist
- Log all calls and solutions
- Report reoccurring issues to your supervisor
Technical Support Representative Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Associate degree in IT or computer science (preferred)
- Experience working with computers
- Customer service experience, preferably in a call center
- Strong communication skills