This free Supply Planner job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Supply Planner to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Supply Planner Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking a Supply Planner to help manage our supply chain operations. In this role, you will coordinate with our demand planning and procurement teams to optimize inventory and encourage asset utilization. You will develop and execute our supply plan, determining priorities and implementing strategies to reduce out-of-stock and over-stock issues. You will also help manage our production schedule, taking into consideration the forecasted demand for finished items and our raw material needs. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or logistics as well as data modeling and materials planning experience.
Supply Planner Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a long-term production schedule/plan, taking into consideration the needs forecasted by our demand planning team
- Monitor monthly and weekly production plans, prioritizing certain work orders
- Track inventory levels at our retail distribution centers and allocate product as needed
- Track inventory of raw materials and advise our purchasing team
- Monitor movement of materials through purchasing, storage, production, and retail distribution
- Set preferred stock levels and prevent excess inventory
Supply Planner Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field (master’s degree a plus)
- Experience in production planning, supply chain planning, or logistics
- Data modeling and analysis experience
- Materials planning experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills