This free Supply Chain Coordinator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Supply Chain Coordinator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Supply Chain Coordinator Job Summary
We are seeking a motivated, qualified individual to join our company as a Supply Chain Coordinator. As part of our operations and logistics department, you ensure the smooth functioning of all aspects of our supply chain, including materials procurement, processing, and order fulfillment and delivery. An efficient, functional supply chain is the backbone of our successful regional operations, and you use your expertise in logistics management, forecasting, and transportation to build better supply processes, create contingency plans in case of disruption, and ensure key leadership has up-to-date and transparent reporting regarding our present condition and capabilities. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree in business management, logistics, or a field directly relevant to our industrial concerns.
Supply Chain Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a high-level view of our current supply chain strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- Create new reporting and tracking processes to ensure leadership has accurate and useful information
- Liaise with vendors and transportation partners to determine ideal scheduling and timelines
- Develop contingency plans to account for temporary materials or transportation disruption
Supply Chain Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, logistics, or a relevant field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience with complex logistics planning, vendor relationship management, and forecasting
- Strong proficiency with efficiency software and spreadsheets
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills