This free Shipping Clerk job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Shipping Clerk to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Shipping Clerk Job Summary
We are looking for a shipping clerk to work in our warehouse. In this position, you will be responsible for fulfilling orders by picking the appropriate product from storage, packaging the product, and sending it out for shipment with one of our vendors. You will also track the shipments and confirm delivery. Our ideal applicant has a high school diploma, a keen eye for detail, and excellent physical strength and stamina. Having experience in a warehouse setting and a forklift operator’s license is a plus.
Shipping Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive customer order forms
- Pick the product out of storage
- Package, label, and scan the product
- Hand the package off to one of our shipping vendors
- Track the delivery of each shipment
Shipping Clerk Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Warehouse experience (preferred)
- Forklift operator’s license (preferred)
- Physical stamina
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds