This free Senior Quality Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Senior Quality Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Senior Quality Engineer Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced, talented individual to join our software development company as a Senior Quality Engineer. As part of our quality assurance team, you will lead a team of QA professionals in providing verification of software products, ensuring code is bug-free and efficient, and implementing automated testing procedures. Working closely with the development lead, you will devise and implement testing strategies and methodologies to engage with all stages of software development, ensuring functionality from the very outset. This is a senior-level position, and our ideal candidate has at least five years of professional experience in a software development environment, particularly in a role focused on quality assurance and testing.
Senior Quality Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with development leads to create and implement testing strategies relevant to all stages of development
- Ensure all code is bug-free, scalable, and properly documented
- Create new automated testing scripts to test large quantities of code
- Ensure completeness, correctness, and usability of final products
- Develop new quality assurance standards to reflect our emerging products and technologies
Senior Quality Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
- At least five years of experience in software development, especially in a role related to quality assurance and automated testing
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent problem-solving and communication abilities