This free School Nurse job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced School Nurse to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
School Nurse Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable School Nurse to join our staff. In this role, you provide direct care to students and staff on campus. You assess the illness or injury, treat the patient when possible, and determine if it is necessary to call the patient’s parent to take them home or to see a doctor. Outside of providing treatments and medical support, you are also responsible for monitoring health risks at the school and promoting healthy habits. A School Nurse does more than oversee the physical health of students; you also help identify emotional and social problems and make recommendations on how to manage them.
School Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate symptoms or wounds of students or staff
- Treat the patient’s illness or injury
- Perform general health screenings
- Monitor immunizations and identify other health risks to reduce the spread of illnesses
- Collaborate with staff and administration to develop health-related communications for students and their families
School Nurse Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in nursing, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current state nursing license
- At least one year of healthcare experience, background in pediatrics a plus
- CPR, BLS, and First Aid certification