This free Saw Operator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Saw Operator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Saw Operator Job Summary
We are looking for a Saw Operator to join our manufacturing team. In this role, you will read blueprints or technical drawings and make the adjustments for each job. You need to be able to read a tape measure and perform basic math to set stops and guides to the specified length of each job. While you operate the machine, it is important to look for any defects or issues. Applicants for this position should have one to three years of previous experience, although we often have positions available that include on-the-job training for the right person. Since you may help pallet and transport finished pieces, having forklift experience is a plus.
Saw Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up the saw machine, making adjustments for each job
- Set stops or guides to specified lengths
- Operate the saw machine, keeping an eye out for any defects or issues
- Use measurement tools to ensure accuracy
- Help pack and transport finished pieces
- Accurately complete paperwork
Saw Operator Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience operating a saw (1-3 years preferred)
- Forklift experience a plus
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50-70 lbs.
- Attention to detail