This free Revenue Cycle Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Revenue Cycle Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Revenue Cycle Specialist Job Summary
We are searching for a Revenue Cycle Specialist to handle medical billing and collections for our clinic. In this position, you will accept payments from insurance companies, handle denials and appeals, and send bills to patients. Our ideal applicant has experience in accounts receivable, preferably in a medical environment. You also need to be familiar with the insurance industry, especially with how to file medical claims with Medicare and Medicaid. You must also be well versed in CPT medical codes.
Revenue Cycle Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit claims to insurance companies
- Handle denials and the appeals process
- Send bills to patients
- Track incoming revenue
- Calculate the total cost of intake and administered care
Revenue Cycle Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Certified revenue cycle specialist (CRCS) credential (preferred)
- Collections or accounts receivable experience
- Familiarity with the insurance industry
- Familiarity with CPT medical codes