This free Restaurant Cashier job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Restaurant Cashier to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Restaurant Cashier Job Summary
We are looking for a Restaurant Cashier to cover payment handling duties for our dining establishment. In this position, you will run credit and debit cards, make change for cash payments, and provide general customer service. You will also greet customers as they come in and resolve any complaints. Our ideal applicant has some restaurant experience and a high school diploma or GED certificate, but we are willing to work with anyone who has the right attitude and work ethic for the job.
Restaurant Cashier Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they enter the restaurant
- Process credit cards and get signatures
- Create change for those paying with cash
- Closeout the register at the end of the day
- Provide customer service and complaint resolution
Restaurant Cashier Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate (preferred)
- Restaurant experience (preferred)
- Basic math skills
- Customer service skills
- Friendly disposition and strong work ethic