This free Remote Writer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Remote Writer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Remote Writer Job Summary
We are currently filling Remote Writer positions. In this role, you will produce written content that adheres to our style guide, submitting your drafts for revision and approval. Depending on the assignment, you may have to conduct additional background research. If you are not on a specific assignment but would like to submit content, you can pitch new ideas to your editorial supervisors. This off-site job is perfect for someone who is looking for a flexible schedule, but is still able to submit content on deadline. You must submit a portfolio of writing samples to be considered for this position.
Remote Writer Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce written content that adheres to our style guide
- Develop and pitch content ideas
- Submit drafts for revision and approval
- Submit final drafts in the correct format on deadline
- Conduct background research for pieces
Remote Writer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or another relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- Writing or editorial experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills
- A reliable internet connection
- Ability to work with minimal supervision