This free receptionist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced receptionist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add salary, requirements, benefits, perks, and steps to apply for the specific role at your company.
Receptionist Job Summary
We are looking for a friendly, informative, and welcoming receptionist to join our growing company. As a receptionist, you will serve as a positive first impression of the company at all times, while handling the daily responsibilities of a receptionist with efficiency and ease. You will answer inquiries, provide information to customers and visitors, and maintain an organized front desk.
Receptionist Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic company information
- Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files, and organize documents, etc.
- Monitor front desk and comply with all security procedures for visitors
- Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team building activities
- Make travel arrangements, answer emails, and correspond as needed
- Oversee mail deliveries, packages, and couriers
- Purchase, track, and invoice office supplies for each department
- Set up, break down, organize, and maintain conference rooms, training rooms, and meeting rooms
Receptionist Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience handling receptionist responsibilities; experience in customer service or related field
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company
Nice to Have
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Similar Job Titles
- Front Desk Clerk
- Office Assistant