This free Psychotherapist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Psychotherapist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Psychotherapist Job Summary
We are looking for a Psychotherapist to help our clients overcome their mental health issues. In this position, you will utilize non-pharmaceutical treatments to help your patients identify, address, and manage their unique challenges. These problems may range from depression to addiction to personality disorders, so you should have experience handling a wide variety of mental health conditions. Our ideal applicant has a doctorate in clinical psychology and state licensure, but we are willing to work with applicants holding a master’s degree if they have significant experience. You must be empathetic and have excellent listening and communication skills.
Psychotherapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with new patients and assess their mental health state
- Develop a treatment plan that addresses these issues
- Meet with patients regularly to assess their progress and provide treatment
- Keep a record of each patient
- Attend conferences to stay up-to-date on evolving issues
Psychotherapist Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in clinical psychology (required)
- Doctorate in clinical psychology (preferred)
- State licensure to practice psychology
- Strong listening and communication skills