This free Product Development Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Product Development Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Product Development Manager Job Summary
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to help us develop and create new products for our company. This is a collaborative position, as you must work closely with our market research teams to determine what the consumer wants and design a product that meets that need. You will oversee a development team, so while you may do hands-on work, you will also delegate tasks to your team and audit their work. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a design field. You should also have several years of product development experience, including some time spent in a leadership role.
Product Development Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Research market trends to find unmet needs
- Hire and train product design employees
- Develop products that meet those needs
- Use CAD software to draft a prototype
- Oversee the creation of the prototype
- Test and audit the design before submitting the final draft
Product Development Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a design field
- Several years of product design experience
- Leadership or management experience
- Experience with CAD software
- Strong communication and collaboration skills