This free Principal Software Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Principal Software Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Principal Software Engineer Job Summary
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer to oversee the software design process for products we are developing. In this position, you will develop and test software to ensure it meets the needs of our clients, performing code reviews and providing feedback to junior developers and engineers. Applicants should have a postsecondary degree as well as a significant amount of experience developing software using Java, C++, and other common programming languages.
Principal Software Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the software design process
- Develop and test software to ensure it meets the needs of end-users
- Contribute to system and application architecture
- Facilitate new software implementation
- Review the work of junior software development staff
- Provide technical support
Principal Software Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field (doctorate a plus)
- Software development experience (5+ years preferred)
- Familiarity with common programming languages, including Java and C++
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile methodologies