This free Patient Services Representative job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Patient Services Representative to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Patient Services Representative Job Summary
Our healthcare clinic is looking for a Patient Services Representative to join our team. In this position, your primary responsibilities revolve around customer service. You help inpatient guests sign in and fill out the proper paperwork, schedule appointments over the phone, and answer questions those in the waiting room may have. You also have administrative and data entry duties, including maintaining charts and medical records, filing Medicare or other insurance requests and responding to emails on behalf of our doctors. Our perfect candidate has receptionist experience, preferably in a medical office, and is familiar with medical terminology.
Patient Services Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule appointments and follow-ups for patients
- Gather medical history and insurance information from patients
- Direct patients around the clinic
- Maintain electronic health records
- Answer patient questions, both in-person and over the phone
Patient Services Representative Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Receptionist experience
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong communication skills
- Data entry skills
- Customer service experience