This free Patient Service Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Patient Service Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Patient Service Specialist Job Summary
Our clinic seeks a Patient Service Specialist to assist with various healthcare administration and relationship management tasks at our medical facility. In this role, you will check patient eligibility information, schedule appointments, and assist patients with checking in and out of the facility. You will also help patients set up online accounts and perform data entry. Our ideal candidate has a postsecondary degree in a relevant field or several years of clerical experience, ideally gained from working in a medical office, hospital, or facility.
Patient Service Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist patients with checking in and out of the facility or office
- Validate patient information for eligibility purposes
- Schedule appointments and follow-up visits
- Print patient documents
- Help patients set up online accounts
- Complete data entry and data management tasks
Patient Service Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or several years of related experience
- Basic computer and telephone proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management abilities