This free Packaging Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Packaging Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Packaging Engineer Job Summary
We are seeking a Packaging Engineer to help us design and develop packaging for our products. In this position, you will consider sustainability, material costs, and efficiency when designing the packaging. You will work directly with the manufacturer to ensure we protect the product without raising the cost of the product. After you have selected the best material, you will design the product in a computer-aided design (CAD) program and send the specifications to the manufacturer. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field and several years of drafting experience.
Packaging Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the product and determine how best to package it
- Coordinate with the manufacturer to select the right material
- Draft the packaging in a CAD program
- Work with the manufacturer to ensure the packaging meets our needs
Packaging Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Drafting and engineering experience
- Strong collaboration skills
- CAD experience and skills