This free Organizer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Organizer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Organizer Job Summary
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual to join our organization as an Organizer. As part of our outreach team, you work directly with community members, workers, and activists to create useful structures with which to represent and pursue the community’s interests. This position is highly focused on relationship-building. You develop and foster new relationships within key community groups and with stakeholders in order to create united, issue-focused movements that can democratically pursue clearly defined issues. Our ideal candidate has prior community organizing experience, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a self-motivating personality. Prior union or labor organizing experience a strong plus.
Organizer Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify key community stakeholders and leaders, and develop new and emerging leaders
- Train community members on organizational and democratic processes to equip them to pursue clearly defined issues
- Liaise with other regional groups and organizers in order to create larger, united solidarity movements
- Work with local activist organizations and pursue strategic partnerships
Organizer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or a relevant field
- Lived experience in local communities strongly preferred
- Prior experience with community organizing, union, or labor organizing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills