This free Optician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Optician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Optician Job Summary
We are seeking an energetic, experienced individual to join our company as an Optician. As part of our team, you work directly with customers to fit and adjust new glasses and eyewear, assist with new contact lens prescriptions, and answer any customer questions regarding the fit, use, and care of their new frames. You deliver top-level customer service to every customer, from initial questions and try-ons to final fitting and adjustments. Our ideal candidate has prior experience in an optical environment, coupled with outstanding customer service and multitasking skills. Knowledge of HIPAA and optical terminology is a strong plus.
Optician Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for walk-in and phone customers, beginning each experience on a positive and helpful note
- Adjust new frames and eyewear to create the perfect fit for every customer
- Set aside frames for customers to revisit on subsequent visits
- Track customer information in our secure database
- Make adjustments and clean frames for returning customers
Optician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Familiarity with medical and optical terminology
- Prior experience in an optical environment (strongly preferred)
- Excellent customer service, communication, and multitasking skills