This free Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Summary
We are looking for an experienced and caring Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist to provide quality care to our patients. You will review patient files upon admission, address immediate health concerns, and help determine the best short- and long-term treatment options. In collaboration with our hospitalist team, you examine patients in our acute care wing, modify treatment or medications when necessary, and ensure your patients receive excellent care from our staff. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of experience in acute care and an extensive background in the management of chronic illnesses.
Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine patients and review medical history upon admission
- Provide immediate treatment when necessary
- Collaborate with hospitalist staff to determine long-term treatment options
- Make rounds and treatment modifications when required
Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist Requirements and Qualifications
- BSN and NP master’s degree
- Current RN and NP license
- 5+ years of nursing experience; acute care experience and certification is a plus
- BLS CPR certification
- Flexible schedule