This free National Account Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced National Account Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
National Account Manager Job Summary
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and highly motivated individual to join our company as a National Account Manager. As a vital part of our accounts team, you oversee all account relationships and projects in the national district, develop new accounts and business pitches, and lead a team of account executives and professionals in stewarding client resources and projects to success. This position requires having extensive personal contacts in the industry, in addition to extensive experience in accounts management, vendor relationship management, and a demonstrable history of successful leadership in a senior role. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree in business management or a field closely relevant to our industry, in addition to impeccable interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
National Account Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly lead high-stakes projects for our largest and most important clients
- Oversee our national accounts team, directing resources and personnel in support of maintaining and furthering beneficial client relationships
- Identify new business opportunities and pitch projects and collaborations to new clients
- Maintain important relationships with industry-adjacent professionals in media and regulatory agencies
National Account Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or a field closely relevant to our industry
- 10+ years of experience in a senior account management role, especially with clear leadership aspects
- History of successful leadership in account management and client relationship building
- Superb presentation and communication skills