This free Monitor Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Monitor Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Monitor Technician Job Summary
We are looking for a Monitor Technician to assist the healthcare providers in our hospital. In this position, you will observe the heart rate monitors on our patients, keeping an eye out for irregularities or other cardiovascular issues. Experience working with the equipment is the primary qualification for this position, but we also prefer that you have a vocational certificate from an EKG program. You should also have CPR and BLS certifications and be able to function well under pressure.
Monitor Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up heart rate monitors
- Observe patients’ heart rates, noting irregularities
- Report issues to the attending physician
- Track worrisome patterns
- Perform basic maintenance on the machines
Monitor Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- EKG vocational certificate
- Experience with heart rate monitors
- Strong analytical and observational skills
- CPR and BLS certifications