This free Mold Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Mold Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Mold Technician Job Summary
We are seeking a hardworking Mold Technician to join our production team. In this position, you will be in charge of setting up and starting up our injection molding machines. You will verify the setup is done correctly by completing a checklist for each run. During production, you will troubleshoot issues with equipment and make necessary adjustments, helping to ensure production is completed on time. You will also visually inspect items to uphold a consistent level of quality. Applicants should have at least two years of experience working with plastic injection molds as well as some materials handling experience.
Mold Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and start up injection molding machines
- Document mold changes and machine adjustments
- Troubleshoot equipment or tooling issues during production
- Inspect items to ensure a consistent level of quality
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Mold Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with plastic injection molding (2+ years preferred)
- Materials handling experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Bilingual communication skills a plus