This free Mental Health Therapist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Mental Health Therapist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Mental Health Therapist Job Summary
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist who can help our patients manage their mental health conditions. In this position, you will meet with each patient, assess their current mental state, identify areas of concern, and develop a course of therapeutic treatment that can help them overcome or manage their issues. You may also refer them to medical professionals for additional treatment, such as medication. Our ideal applicant has a master’s degree in counseling or psychology. You should also have some clinical experience, whether gained during school or as a professional.
Mental Health Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with and assess your patients
- Develop a therapy strategy
- Meet with your patients regularly to continue treatment
- Adjust the strategy based on their progress
- Keep a detailed record of their progress
Mental Health Therapist Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in counseling or psychology
- State license as a counselor
- Clinical experience
- Excellent listening, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of empathy