This free Mental Health Technician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Mental Health Technician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Mental Health Technician Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking a Mental Health Technician. In this role, you will supervise patients under the direction of a registered nurse or healthcare provider. You will also assist patients with daily living activities, primarily focusing on personal hygiene tasks such as brushing their teeth and bathing. While we are willing to provide on-the-job training, we prefer candidates with some postsecondary education and their CNA credential. Applicants must complete crisis intervention and de-escalation training after being hired.
Mental Health Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise patients and observe their behavior
- Document or report any behavioral changes
- Assist patients with daily living activities, such as eating and personal hygiene tasks
- Encourage patients to attend group activities
- Perform light cleaning tasks
Mental Health Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- CNA credential (strongly preferred)
- Patient care experience, preferably in a mental health setting
- BLS certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete crisis intervention and de-escalation training upon hire