This free Mathematician job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Mathematician to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Mathematician Job Summary
We are seeking a Mathematician to join our research team. In this position, you will handle the complex formulas and mathematics for our projects. You will also help our teams develop computational codes and models to advance our research. You should have at least a master’s degree in mathematics, but our ideal candidate has a doctorate and experience in a physics laboratory. You also need to be skilled with computers and various research tools.
Mathematician Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the research team to develop a working hypothesis
- Develop mathematical formulas to aid the research
- Complete computations for the team
- Analyze the collected data
- Create a report of your findings and conclusions
Mathematician Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in mathematics; doctorate preferred
- Laboratory or other research experience
- Computer proficiency
- Physics knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills