This free Logistics Management Specialist job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Logistics Management Specialist to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Logistics Management Specialist Job Summary
We are looking for a Logistics Management Specialist to oversee shipments and inventory for our company. In this position, you will manage the logistics department, which will involve hiring and training a staff and setting a budget. You will also coordinate with our vendors to ensure we have products on hand and handle all of the backend logistics required to ship those products to our customers. To qualify for this position, you need a bachelor’s degree in logistics or supply chain management. You should also have several years of experience in shipping or logistics, preferably with some time spent in a management position.
Logistics Management Specialist Duties and Requirements
- Hire and train staff for the logistics team
- Coordinate shipments
- Ensure we have required inventory on hand
- Set and enforce a budget for the department
- Develop and implement logistics plans
Logistics Management Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or supply chain management
- Experience in logistics or shipping
- Management experience
- Strong organizational and leadership skills