This free Lineman job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Lineman to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Lineman Job Summary
We’re seeking a motivated Lineman looking for an impactful career in an exciting industry. Our grids provide power to neighborhoods, hospitals, city centers, and much more. We’re looking for someone who can share our excitement for cleaner energy, better infrastructure, and smarter solutions. As a Lineman, you operate on the front lines, installing, repairing, and maintaining power lines and distribution systems. You may need to access buried or overhead lines, utilizing specialized equipment and observing standard safety protocols. Join our team and help provide the electricity that makes modern life possible.
Lineman Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, repair, and maintain power and communication lines, fiber optic cabling, and distribution systems
- Install and maintain poles, emergency equipment, relays, transformers, and any necessary systems or apparatus
- Operate bucket truck and other machinery as required
- Perform tests on cables, structures, and all equipment to ensure safe and regular operation
- Observe all safety procedures and protocols
Lineman Requirements and Qualifications
- Prior experience as a Lineman and managing crews (strongly preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and associated tools, safety practices, and testing methods
- Experience rigging and working on suspended lines and raised structures
- The ability to climb poles with standard safety equipment
- Experience using excavation equipment to access buried lines and knowledge of related safety practices