This free Library Assistant job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Library Assistant to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Library Assistant Job Summary
We are looking for a Library Assistant to help our librarians maintain organized and neat shelves throughout the library. Your responsibilities will include cataloging and organizing new additions to our collections, reshelving books and other materials, and helping visitors find the items they need. Our ideal applicant has at least a high school diploma and clerical skills. While knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system is important, we are willing to train the right candidate after they start working. Those who are pursuing a library science degree are encouraged to apply.
Library Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist visitors in finding and checking out materials
- Catalog and organize new materials
- Reshelve books, movies, and other items
- Inspect materials for damage
- Provide technical assistance to visitors
Library Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Administrative experience (preferred)
- Strong clerical and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal system (preferred)