This free Insulator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Insulator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Insulator Job Summary
We are looking for an Insulator to install insulation in our construction projects. In this position, you will use a variety of hand and power tools to cut and install insulation in walls and ducting. You will also install piping insulation. You will do this work in both new construction and existing buildings. Our ideal applicant has already completed their apprenticeship and obtained journeyman status. While it is not mandatory, experience in a related field, such as duct work or sheet metal work, is also beneficial.
Insulator Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints and determine where insulation is needed
- Cut insulation to the correct size
- Install insulation in walls, around pipes, and in air ducts
- Inspect your work for gaps or other issues
- Repair or replace insulation in existing buildings
Insulator Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Journeyman status
- Insulation experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Physical stamina