This free Information Security Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Information Security Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Information Security Engineer Job Summary
We are looking for an Information Security Engineer to help us improve the security systems on our computer networks. In this position, you will work with our security analysts to locate and improve weak points in our security. You may suggest new hardware or develop software to fix any issues. You will also perform routine maintenance to keep our security systems running efficiently. Our ideal applicant has a bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering. We also prefer that you have Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credentials and several years of experience.
Information Security Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance on our information security systems
- Work with our security analysts to spot weak points
- Develop software solutions to close holes in our security
- Make hardware upgrades
- Respond to security breaches
Information Security Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Several years of cybersecurity experience
- CISSP credentials
- Strong analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills