This free human resources executive job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced human resources executive to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add salary, requirements, benefits, perks, and steps to apply for the specific role at your company.
Human Resources Executive Job Summary
The Human Resources Executive manages and directs all human resources (HR) tasks for an organization or company. These executives sit at the top of the HR department and take the lead when it comes to any and all human resources matters and functions. HR Executives must educate, train, monitor, problem-solve, and ensure company HR policy is followed across all employees, managers, and executives.
Additional HR Executive responsibilities include directing and overseeing the hiring, training, and dismissal processes and administering and monitoring benefit programs. Human Resource Executives may also work with the CEO to strategically plan valuable HR changes and subsequently take action to implement them.
Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills are a must as a Human Resources Executive. As a direct connection to your employees you must be keenly aware of employee relations ensuring they are healthy throughout the organization.
Human Resources Executive Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Work with company CEO and/or Director to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the company and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from employees
- Direct all hiring and training procedures for new employees
- Continually educate employees on company policies (including sexual harassment, appropriate dress and social media permissions, etc.) and keep employee handbook current
- Administer or change benefits, health plans, retirement plans, etc.
- Monitor employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive
- Coordinate and direct work activities for managers and employees
- Foster cross-functional relationships and ensure managers and employees are properly connected
- Regularly meet with employees for progress reviews and assessments, discussing any problems or grievances they may have
- Promote a positive and open work environment where employees feel comfortable speaking up about issues
- Manage and supervise other HR staff, ensuring they are assigned and carry out proper tasks
- Understand and adhere to all pertinent labor laws
Human Resources Executive Requirements and Qualifications
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Honest, ethical, and dependable
- Experienced in mediation and conflict resolution processes
- Positive, go-getter attitude
- Expert stress management skills and ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Attentive listener; understanding, empathetic, and personable
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, finance, or related field
- 5+ years management experience in HR
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel) and various HR software programs including HRIS
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and employees regarding all HR matters
Nice to Have
- Master’s Degree preferred
Similar Job Titles
- Human Resources Executives
- HR Executive