This free Hospital Administrator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Hospital Administrator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Hospital Administrator Job Summary
Our multi-site healthcare organization is currently seeking a Hospital Administrator to help oversee day-to-day operations. In this role, you will evaluate the financial performance of the various services and programs we offer. Your primary goal will be to maintain a high quality of care while reducing costs whenever possible. To do this, you will implement strategic staffing solutions to reduce labor costs while considering workload fluctuations, potential overtime costs, and talent gaps. You will also encourage the effective utilization of supplies. Our ideal applicant has a master’s degree in healthcare administration, operations management experience in a medical facility, and forecasting skills.
Hospital Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Develop and implement policies to improve care and patient outcomes
- Evaluate financial performance and anticipate needs
- Assist with staffing, including recruitment, hiring, transfer, and retention
- Contribute to the effective utilization of supplies and equipment
- Collaborate with hospital executives and other leaders
Hospital Administrator Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration or business (or a bachelor’s degree and equivalent experience)
- Operations management experience in a medical facility (3-5 years preferred)
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills