This free Home Inspector job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Home Inspector to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Home Inspector Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced and reliable Home Inspector to join our team. Our ideal candidate understands how to examine a property for damage, hazards, and other current or potential problems that may affect the new homeowner. You check both the interior and exterior of the house, take pictures of each area, and document any issues that you observe. Home Inspectors must also know how to evaluate all the major home systems, such as the electrical outlets and plumbing pipes, and appliances, including the water heater, to ensure they meet current coding and safety standards.
Home Inspector Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine the exterior and interior of the structure for damage or potential risks
- Take clear photos of each area of the house
- Document your findings clearly
- Create a report within the designated time frame
Home Inspector Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Inspector certification a plus
- Willing and able to work in hazardous weather conditions, climb to rooftops and into small crawl spaces, and stand for extended periods
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with basic computer programs