This free Health Unit Coordinator job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Health Unit Coordinator to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Health Unit Coordinator Job Summary
We are seeking a Health Unit Coordinator to handle many of the logistics of operating a healthcare facility. This will include overseeing admissions, discharges, and transfers, maintaining patient medical records, and coordinating with various other departments to facilitate easy communication. You will also perform standard administrative duties, including data entry and greeting patients. You should have several years of customer service experience, preferably in a medical setting. A vocational certificate in a medical field is also beneficial.
Health Unit Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients as they come into the facility
- Collect and file medical information
- Process admission forms
- Coordinate with other departments to place patients in a bed or room
- Fill out discharge and transfer papers
Health Unit Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Customer service or reception experience (required)
- Experience in a medical office (preferred)
- Computer proficiency
- Familiarity with medical terms
- Communication and organizational skills