This free Hardware Engineer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Hardware Engineer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Hardware Engineer Job Summary
Our organization is currently seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will determine hardware specifications and assist with the design verification process, developing and performing tests to ensure design compliance and manufacturability. You will focus on computer systems and components, including processors, printed circuit boards, networks, and routers. Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
Hardware Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and test systems and components
- Determine hardware specifications
- Design printed circuit board layouts and draft technical schematics
- Perform tests to ensure design compliance and manufacturability
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
Hardware Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field (master’s degree preferred)
- Hardware development experience
- Familiarity with common coding languages
- Strong analytical skills