This free front office job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced front office worker to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add salary, requirements, benefits, perks, and steps to apply for the specific role at your company.
Front Office Job Summary
We are seeking a highly-skilled and self-motivated front office worker to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role by performing various administrative and clerical tasks. You should be comfortable undertaking a variety of activities in the office, including filing, answering the phone, organizing documents, basic bookkeeping, and more. Reliability and a strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must, as well as familiarity with all necessary office equipment, software, and procedures.
Front Office Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients and set a positive office atmosphere
- Answer the phone, take messages, and redirect calls to appropriate offices.
- Organize and maintain files and records; update when necessary
- Create and maintain updated documents and spreadsheets
- Oversee sorting and distribution of incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopier, printers, etc.
- Organize bookkeeping and issue invoices/checks
- Record meeting minutes and dictations
- Perform inventory of office supplies and order what is needed
Front Office Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful work experience in a front office setting or in another clerical position
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great organizational and multitasking abilities
Nice to Have
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Excellent typing skills with experience taking dictations a plus
Similar Job Titles
- Front Desk Clerk
- Administrative Assistant