This free Front of House Manager job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Front of House Manager to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Front of House Manager Job Summary
We are looking for a Front of House Manager to run the service side of our restaurant. In this position, you will hire and train servers, bussers, and hosts/hostesses, create shift schedules, and ensure that the front-of-house (FOH) runs smoothly. You are ultimately responsible for customer satisfaction, so you must make sure your staff is providing excellent customer service. You must also facilitate a smooth line of communication between the servers and the kitchen. Our ideal candidate has several years of experience working in restaurants, preferably with some time spent in a supervisory role.
Front of House Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire and train FOH staff
- Set and maintain a shift schedule
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the FOH
- Ensure customer satisfaction by quickly fixing any issues
- Facilitate quick and efficient communication between front and back-of-house (BOH)
Front of House Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Several years of restaurant experience
- Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Communication abilities