This free Freelance Writer job description sample template can help you attract an innovative and experienced Freelance Writer to your company. We make the hiring process one step easier by giving you a template to simply post to our site. Make sure to add requirements, benefits, and perks specific to the role and your company.
Freelance Writer Job Summary
We are looking for a Freelance Writer to create content for our blog. In this position, you will receive article assignments from our editor, research the topic, and write a strong article that follows basic SEO guidelines. This is a deadline-driven job, so you should be well organized and have excellent time management skills. Since this is a freelance position, we will pay you per piece. Our ideal applicant has several years of writing experience and a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in your craft. While formal education isn’t necessary, a bachelor’s degree in English or creative writing is preferred.
Freelance Writer Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive article topics from our editor
- Research the topic
- Select SEO keywords for the topic
- Write a draft of the article to submit
- Fix any major issues if necessary
Freelance Writer Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in English or creative writing (preferred)
- Several years of writing experience
- Portfolio of past work
- Organizational and time management skills
- Computer proficiency
- Basic SEO skills